The Hostal Oporto is located in the tourist and commercial district of the city, just 300 metres from the Puerta del Sol. It is housed within a 19th century building, in the heart of the historical quarter of Madrid (Barrio de Las Cortes). The location of the hostel is unbeatable for visiting the Prado Museum, the most important museum in Spain, which is just a 5 minute walk away. The Thyssen Museum is in the same street and the Reina Sofía museum is just 10 minutes away on foot. These three museums form what is known as the Art Avenue and the hostel is within this area.
The prime location of Hostal Oporto enables our guests to walk to all the most emblematic monuments and most characteristic museums of the city, as well as the most important shopping areas. A few metres away from the different city bus routes and the metro.
Place of Interest
How to arrive in public transport from the airport
- Express Bus: Only 300m from HOSTAL OPORTO** there is a direct 24-hour bus connection to the international airport Madrid Barajas. The bus leaves every 15 minutes and takes 20 minutes. Ticket: 5 euros per person/journey.
- Taxi: A taxi takes around 20 minutes to get to the hostel from the airport, depending on the traffic. It costs approximately €30-€35. Although the majority of taxi drivers in Madrid are excellent professionals and totally honest, the airport is a kind of magnet for a minority of taxi drivers who charge excessive rates to passengers. If this is the case, refuse to pay or request an official receipt for the amount that is being charged. Some taxi drivers also try to divert passengers from their hotels/hostels to take them to other places that pay them commission This is not common but it can happen.
- Metro: There is a metro line that connects the airport with the city (estimated time: 50 minutes). Take line 8 (pink) as far as Colombia and change to line 9 (purple) in the direction of Arganda del Rey as far as Príncipe de Vergara, change again to line 2 (red) in the direction of Cuatro Caminos and get off at Sevilla. You will find the Hostal Oporto 50 metres away. Price for one journey: €1; 10 journeys: €7.40. (The metro ticket may also be used on the buses)
- Museo del Prado (gallery) – 300 m.
- Museo Thyssen Bornemisza (gallery) – 50 m.
- Museo Reina Sofía (gallery) – 600 m.
- Puerta del Sol – 300 m.
Nearby Metro's Station
- Sevilla: Line 2 (red). 60 m. from Hostel.
- Puerta del Sol: Lines 1 (light blue), 2 (red) and 3 (yellow), also train (RENFE) 300 m. from Hostel.